Thursday, August 9, 2012

Laila's backyard adventures


It's been almost two weeks since Laila came to stay with us, and she's settling in very nicely. She's still a little interested in the kitties, but she's improved a lot and doesn't have to stay tethered to Momma anymore. She's very well-behaved and has been a complete angel in the house.  Since today's Dog Days of Summer Photo Challenge is "Outside", I thought I'd let Laila show off!




"Wait, where'd everybody go?"

"I know, I'll sniff them out!"

"Are you in deres?"

 "I founds you!"

 "Let's play!"

 "I can box!"

"I'm flying!"

 "Wait, what was that?"

 "OMD, guys, we're missing the Olympics!"

 Laila is going to go to a Pet Fair on Saturday to see if she can find her furever home. That means Momma won't be bringing me as much smell mail, but hopefully she'll manage a little. It'll be worth it if Laila finds her new family, though!




TODAY's EVENTS:
BOXING: SASHA
EXTREME WEATHER SPORTS: FRANK THE TANK

(PeeS: Please go cheer on my kitty siblings today! Scribbles entered BOTH events, and Pigeon entered in Boxing. I think they both did a grreat job!)

Whoops, we furgot one event!
TURBO TRACK

LBR is hosting its first-ever Legacy Summer Athletic Competition on Facebook! We have a bunch of pawsome boxer-y events that we're holding every day of the human Olympics, from wrestling to swimming to gymnastics. And through it all, we're trying to raise money to help with little Napoli's vet bills, plus help other LBR dogs. We set goal amounts at brindle ($5,000), white ($10,000), and fawn ($15,000). We've already raised almost enough for a white medal, but WE WANT THE FAWN!!!

You can donate via ChipIn link OR to LBR's main website! Today's event is Food Staring, so be sure to check out LBR's Facebook page to see all the grreat entries!

11 comments:

  1. Ahh those were great pictures..kinda reminds me of my sibs and I playing around with each other only you guys are taller and bigger...maybe your pugs at heart tho?
    I sure hope Laila finds her furever home soon. There is no better feeling in the whole wide world once you wake up and realize your there to stay!
    Have a great one
    stella Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're boxing right in the back yard!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The three of you look like you're having a blast together! That boxing shot is perfect!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures!!! :) I love to see how happy you all are. Give your parents some hugs for us!

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laila looks like she enjoys having fun. Great "outside" pics for Norwood.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Them fotos makes me squeeeeeee...ya'll always look so happy and stuffs. Laila is just gawjuss, I hopes her finds her furever home. Them peoples is gonna be lucky to has her.

    My mum's dad has a Boxer, they just found out bout an hour ago he had a malignant tumor. Thing was as big as my head...they thought it was a fatty tumor but it wasn't.

    Thanks fur lettin me knows today is Doxie Day...I had no idea!

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Casey what a fun event Laila has going on!! You boxers certainly look like you love the outside
    Hugs madi your BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck to Leila. We would be interested in those kitties too
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANKS fur telling us about Dachshund Day!! I had not heard of it before.

    Laila looks Lovely Lazing on the Lawn.

    Paws crossed fur her on Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leila is a beauty! We sure hopes dat someone feels da same way at da Pet Fair on Saturday.

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laila looks like she enjoys xploring the yard!

    Good luck to Laila this weekend!

    your pal,
    Garth

    ReplyDelete