Friday, February 15, 2013

Dog of the Day: Bexar

OMD, my head.... Oooooh, I think I over-indulged just a little in the Boxer Spirits at the Valentine's Ball. And my paws are sore from all the dancing that I did. Man, the ladies of Blogville are just NONSTOP, aren't they?! What a grreat night! I think I need to rest up a little bit. So I'm going to let this week's Friday Dog of the Day tell you all about himself.

Everybody say hi to Bexar! (For the non-Texans, that's pronounced "Bear".)


Hey y’all!! Bexar is my name and being adorable is my game!! I live with 5 foster siblings and love each of them. I just wished they loved to play as much as I do. I may be “older” but Foster Mom says I have the energy of a 2 year old boxer. I absolutely love to snuggle and love cuddling with Foster Mom whenever I can. Since I love to be warm Foster Mom got me some super cozy sweaters to wear and I love them so much! If you can’t find me check under the blankets and I’ll be there.


I’ve been with LBR since August of 2011 and have been through a lot in my time here. When I first got to Foster Mom’s house I weighed in at 76 lbs, which was WAY more than I should weigh (Foster Mom calls me a pocket boxer because I’m so small). Thanks to lots of boxer friends to play with and good food, I’m now at a healthy 60 lbs and am full of life and energy.


I wasn’t always this healthy though. Last April, Foster Mom came home from work one morning to find me not feeling good. She took me to the vet and they found out I was a very sick boy. My blood counts were not good and I didn’t understand what was happening. All I know is I didn’t feel good. They kept me at the vet for a few days and told Foster Mom I had an auto immune disorder. I was on all kinds of medications for several months and didn’t feel like myself at all. But thanks to the awesome vets I slowly started to feel like myself again. I’ve been off all my medications for a couple of months now and feel great!! Everyone is so happy that I am doing so well.


Although my blood work looks fantastic now I’m not out of the woods. Foster Mom says I have some new rules to live by to keep me healthy. She calls me her “Bubble Boy” because I can’t be exposed to the outside world. I get to go on walks but we have to be careful not to run into any other dogs or wildlife. My vet says I can’t be vaccinated but I’m ok with that because that means I don’t have to get shots! Foster Mom will tell you more about what my needs are. She’s taken such good care of me and knows exactly what I need.

Hi everyone! Foster Mom here! Bexar is a very special boy and I love him so very much. He has been a joy to have in my house and I can’t imagine him not being here. But, if his perfect forever family were to come along I’d be so happy for him. That is what all LBR is all about! Bexar does have a few things for a potential forever home to consider. A few things on that list are a dog door, a happy go lucky playmate and a family that not only understands his special needs but loves him even more for them. If you think you might be a match for my sweet Bexar-Bexar let your Adoption Counselor know and I’ll fill you in on his needs. Thanks so much for stopping by to learn more about my very special boy!


Wow, Bexar is such a pawsome dog, and he's so lucky he's with LBR! I know he wants a furever home of his very own soon. If you think you have the home for him, check out his bio page with LBR and fill out an application today!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Bear , Bexar it is good to meet yu, it sure sounds like you have had a time of it, but you must have a very strong will, bless your heart! I sure hopes someone special reads all about you and takes you home, hugs a bunch.
    stella rose and maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baxar I love your turned up lip look.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey BEXAR you take GRRRREAT Pictures.. Glad that you are feeling much better now.

    Oooooooooh Casey... MY HEAD hurts almost as bad as my paws do. What a Valentine's Ball THAT was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww.. look at that pretty face!! I am so glad that you are away from all the bad and ready to start the good stuff. I am sure you will find some special family very soon! Until then, welcome to the blogville family!

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bexar is so cute! Now rest those dancing paws
    Snuggles
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hellos Bexar, I see Caey is all pooped out today...hehehehehe. Poor thang.

    Bexar you is just too good lookin' and prefect...you will find your perfect homa and family soon.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a good looking guy! Glad Bexar is on the mend!
    Play bows
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bexaw is sooo handsome
    I am cwossing my paws that some lucky family gets him fuwwevew. Meantime, I'm so glad he has you to love him
    Don't fowget to come see youwselves at the Ciwcus FunHouseMiwwow. If you can. I know you'we pwobably busy, but today is the last day and I have yoow pictoowes up
    Smoochie kissee
    Asta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooopsie, my bad...I just saw that you've aweady ben...thank you so vewy much. I hope you had fun
    Soochie kisses
    Asta

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet boy Bexar is! We hope his forever family is out there somewhere! In the meantime, he sure is lucky to have such a wonderful and loving foster family!

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Bexar! Much love to you and the humans I hope you soon adopt :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you find a home soon fella. Deccy x

    ReplyDelete