Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The name game!



I decided to play my buddy Sarge's Name Game. The rules are simple -- I give you a list of all the different names my people call me, and y'all vote for your favorite. Then I'll go by JUST that name for a whole week! In return, I get entered into Sarge's drawing for PAWSOME prizes.

So here we go...


My full name is Casey Houdini Momma'slastnameshedoesn'twanttopostonline. I know, it's a mouthful! I sometimes get called:
- Casey
- Casey Man
- Casey Boy
- Casey Dog (Momma is not always creative!)
- Handsome Man (duh!)
- Case
- Case-ster
- Casey-Wasey
- Buddy Boy
- ADD (I don't know why she calls me tha-- ooh, squirrel!)

Not too many names, sorry.  But Momma said I could share my special song! She has a song for each of us, and she'll sing it to us sometimes. I love my song. Here goes. I bet you can figure out the tune!

"C-A-S-and an E-Y, he's my Casey Boy! Casey Boy (he's so smart)! Casey Boy (he's so sweet)! He really is the best dog in the world! C-A-S-and an E-Y, he's my Casey Boy!"


My sissy says she's tired of it always being about me, so she wants to enter too!


Her full name is Cinderella Louise Momma'slastnameshedoesn'twanttopostonline. And she sometimes gets called:
- Cinderella
- Ella
- Ella Bella
- Cinders
- Cindersoot
- Cindy
- Cindy Lou
- Cinderelly
- Princess

Here's Cinderella's song, to the tune of "Cinderelly" from the Disney movie.

"Cinderelly, Cinderelly, yes she is my Cinderelly! She's so pretty, she's so sweet! She really is a princess. Oh I love my girl, my Cinderelly!"

Okay, so you've got names AND songs! I think I've done my duty for Sarge's game. :)  So vote! I will close the voting tomorrow night and announce the winner on Thursday morning, then Momma promises to call us both by our elected names all week.


*****
Pupdate: 
Thank you to everyone who sent the Power of the Paw to help Baby Skittles last night. I'm sad to say that she wasn't able to pull through. Her little body just wasn't strong enough. We're all very sad here. I don't understand how wonderful humans like my momma and Auntie Sharon can be the same species as those humans that let Skittles get into that kind of condition. She was only six weeks old. :(

We love you, Baby Skittles, and you'll always be part of the LBR family now! Learn how to do some boxer burns on the Rainbow Bridge! 

16 comments:

  1. Me luvs all your nicknames. Mom calls me SHORTCAKE! Wonder why?????

    That is such sad news about little Skittles. Momma fostered 2 little Jack Russell pups with the same problem. Worms eating up their blood supply and they were too weak to fight too. I know that Dillon and Dakota are playing with Skittles at the Bridge right now since they share the same short lifespan on Earth as Skittles.

    PeeS....Note from Mom. We would like to add Skittles to our May edition of "Our Rainbow Friends" which will be posted on June 15. If you would like, send us a picture of Skittles and approximate date of birth (or age) and date of passing to the Bridge.
    Email to:
    ourrainbowfriends@gmail.com

    http://ourrainbowfriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your songs are THE BEST.

    I vote for your nickname to be Case and Cinderella's to be Ella.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so sorry for LIttle Baby Skittles.

    I can't say anymore about Skittles cause it wouldn't be nice about the humans involved so I am just gonna go to your nicknames.

    I like them all so I am gonna wait and see what is the favorite of eveyrone else.

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casey I love your slicker!! Very stylish too.

    Without a doubt our fav name for you is Casey-Wasey coming in 2nd would be Handsome-man

    Cinderella our fav name for you is Ella Bella coming in 2nd Cindy Lou
    (Lou) is my Mom's middle name.
    Hugs Madi your BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were very sorry to read about Skittles struggles...she was most certainly a beautiful girl
    Hugs and purrs,
    Madi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Casey & Cinderella!
    Wow, I love all of your names! They are very fun and creative (ADD BOL). It was hard to choose, but I vote for Case-ster because it's very cool and for Ella Bella because it just rolls off my tongue! BOL.
    I'm so sorry about sweet Skittles. I would bash those rotten peeps if I could. Run free!
    Thanks for pawticipating in my event and I have you both entered into the drawing.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so sad about Skittles. I'm sure she's somewhere where no-one can hurt her any more.

    I vote for Casey-Wasey and Ella-Bella. I like nicknames that rhyme.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are soooo sad about Skittles, my pack leader, Margeaux's, heart is heavy, may Skittle's soul return soon to a barkrific new family. as for the names....i like. Case-ter and Cindy Lou... bark!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom wanted to name Ciara Cinders but Dad didn't like it. We think it is a great nickname. And we also like Case-ster a lot too.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  10. We like Cindy Lou and (don't get upset wif us...) ADD. Sorry, but that one is hilarious! This name game is fun.

    *****sniffles*****for Skittles. Not fair for such a tiny pup. Kudos to Marco for helping out though.

    Kitty+Coco

    ReplyDelete
  11. I vote fur CaseTER and Cindy Lou Like Cindy Lou Who (Dr. Seuss)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarge sent me....OK...I vote for Ella and Casey Man.

    Arooo! Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  13. I vote for Case-ster and Cindy Lou. I love that you each have songs. My Daddy is always making up little songs about me too!

    Your pal,
    Garth

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am going with the Case-ster AND Cinderelly!!! It was a touch choice!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just been reading about Skittles here - no barks could say enough, but all our thoughts and love go out to everyone that were blessed to know her x

    ReplyDelete