I wanted to take a moment to warn all my furiends about a hazard that Momma and I never even thought of. This time of year, there are all sorts of things falling off trees, including stuff dogs like to eat. Like acorns! Acorns aren't poisonous to dogs, so Momma never thought anything of it if Cinderella or I munched on one during our walks.
But this weekend, an LBR alum sadly lost her life because of a single acorn! Miss Abbi was playing at the dog park and decided to snack on some acorns, but one of them got lodged in her trachea. Her momma took her to the vet as soon as she started coughing, but they couldn't help her and she sadly passed away.
Godspeed, sweet Abbi. We'll miss you so much! Please, my furiends, remember not to snack on acorns. The consequences could be deadly. :(