Friday, April 1, 2016

Nature's squeaky toy!

OMD, folks, Jessie here! I discovered the most pawesome thing yesterday -- nature's squeaky toy!! For some reason, Momma didn't get any pictures of this, so here's a kinda reenactment. Ish.


So there I was, playing in the back yard last night, when I caught a sniff of something totally amazing. I went to hunt it down. And guess what I found??

 

A teeny tiny little squeaky toy!! It looked JUST like the bunnies I see running around the neighborhood, but it was TINY. And when I tried to pick it up, it SQUEAKED! OMD, I didn't even have to chew on it! This was amazing!! So I jumped around here and there, trying to get a better view of it, and it kept squeak squeak SQUEAKing! Then, just as it was getting really fun, Momma had to RUIN it all. All of a sudden she shows up, starts moaning "Not the baby bunny!!" and grabbed my collar to pull me away. The NERVE of her!! It was still squeaking and running around. I didn't even get a chance to find out if it had fun removable stuffing like my other toys.


I'll get it next time!


Momma's note: I heard a squeaking last night when Jessie was outside playing and thought she'd taken one of her toys outside. I went out to check, and she was dancing around trying to get at a teeny tiny baby bunny (smaller than my palm!) that was desperately hiding at the base of the bushes. Jessie never actually got a hold of it. Hopefully the baby bunny realized was a stupid idea it was to be in this yard and left.

16 comments:

  1. There may be a nest in your yard, so I would keep an eye out. An angry mama bunny can be a fierce creature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMD, I hopes so!! Lots of bunnies to play with! Momma, why are you saying "no no no" and whimpering like that??

      Jessie!

      Delete
  2. so glad you saved the squeaky toy.. good girl Jessie for not hurting it. i hope we don't get any in our yard.. they are so cute when tiny....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jessie good girl for not trying too hard to get the bunny...squeaky toys are better for you and you can bring them in the house
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...Jessie is licking her lips. I wonder......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    Deary me, that was a close run thing - thank goodness mum saved you from all the guilty consequences of destuffing that bubba-bunny!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD OMD OMD Baby Bunnies.... I (Frankie Furter) have helped two mommy Rabbits... RAISE her Babies... i never hurt them... just layed with them and kept them In the NEST... so the mommy could go out and EAT... and when she would come back... to let them nurse... i would get up and sit on the porch and wait until I was needed again... We (the Mommy and I) raised a total of 9 babies... over two summers. it was GRRRRREAT. Just sayin.
    SO, Jessie... here is what you do... Lay down carefully so it can get CLOSE and stay WARM until the mommy comes to take it back to its nest..

    YOU made an AMAZING find, Jessie... WE are very much PROUD of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good that you did not hurt the tiny bunny, Jessie. We hope it finds its mommy
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my dawg Jesse you are never going to be allowed outside. That could have been the future Easyer bunny silly
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, those dumb but cute bunnies are at it again. Making nests in dogs' kingdoms. They don't fare very well here with Lightning on the prowl:(

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, no!!!!!!! We're glad the baby bunny is OK!
    Cammie!
    PS: Actually, our mom is glad. We would have done the same as Jessie, out of instinct!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yikes! That could have had a bad ending!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our angel Loki once got a bunny. May it rest in peace. Thanks for joining us for Phod's bday today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMD!!!! WHAT FUNS!!!!!! I wants one!!!!! Can I come overs and play?!!! What?? nuts. Ma said no. She said that one gurl doggie playin' with baby bunnies is enough, the bunnies don't need TWO gurls pawin' at it! SO not fair. Hey, Jessie, if I gets in my transport tunnel, I can be there in no time...just lets me know if it comes back....☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow... you got one? me not... there were 87 and they all ran in different directions... and while I pondered which one I will chase they were over the hill... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jessie, not the baby bunnies. Ever. We'll tell Wilhelmina the same thing :)

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete