Saturday, January 24, 2015

Letter to my Paw Pal

Wow, this is thrilling. Casey actually turned over the blog today to me, the Momma, to participate in Murphy & Stanley's "Letter to My Paw Pal" blog hop. We humans are supposed to post today about our fur babies and why they mean so much to us. I don't have quite the way with words that Casey does, but let's see what I can do...


Dear Casey,

I don't even know where to begin this one. You're the best dog any momma could ask for. You were my first dog that I ever had on my own, and I waited so long to find you. You and I have a connection I've never had with any other pet, dog or cat. You just seem to always know what I'm thinking and what I need, whether it's a good snuggle or something to make me laugh. You're my soul dog. I have a hard time falling asleep when I travel and don't have you snuggled up right next to me, and a day isn't complete without a nice long walk with you to round off a long day. I love your serious eyes and your big grin, and I love how you're always up for anything I might suggest. You helped me find my way into two new communities -- Legacy Boxer Rescue and Blogville -- that have enriched my life. And you've helped me find a new voice. I love you so much.



Dear Cinderella,

Oh princess, I'm so glad you ended up in my life!! You're the truest example of the adage "if you love something, let it go. If it comes back, it's meant to be." I tried letting you go so many times, but you weren't having any of that! You kept coming back to me through foster homes and adoptions, and you finally convinced me that being your fairy godmomma was the best job I could have. I love your sweet, gentle nature, and your velvety soft head. I love to watch you just roll in the grass in the sunshine, a reminder of enjoying the simple things in life. And I love giving your your bedtime bellyrubs every night.


Dear Scribbles,

My old man! You're grumpy and crochety and demanding, but you're mine! You were the very first pet I ever had on my own, and it was just the two of us through some pretty tough days. I don't think I would've gotten through law school if I didn't have you to cuddle through the worst parts and something to focus on other than those damned books. You've mellowed a lot in your old age, so it's nice to see you starting to enjoy other people. I know you'll always be my boy in your heart, though, and I love that you reserve your best purrs just for me. You've been my rock for almost 15 years now. I don't know what I'd do without you. my handsome man.


 Dear Pigeon,

Don't worry about being last, kitten, you're still tops in my heart! Why is it that I seem to seek out my boys but my girls just find me when they're needed? You came to me a stray but the sweetest natured kitty I'd ever met. I was not prepared for another cat, but you just purred your way right through any resistance. You've always been my timid one, so it's wonderful seeing you relax enough to start to love visitors and even the dog I brought into your home. You have the best purr of any cat ever, and I love to hear it. Some of my fondest memories involve you and Casey both curled up with me. You'll always be my little kitten.








18 comments:

  1. I's amazing to read how our furkids changed our life.... and we always found good things through our furry friends. The world would be a sad place without them.
    Easy Rider

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful, sweet and lots of love is what is coming through your letters, and i mean you not the pets... enjoyed your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY STARS IN THE SKY YOU 4 BEST PALS ARE SO LUCKY TO BE LOVED BY SUCH A GOOD MOM AND SUCH A GIVING MOM. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LETTER SHE WROTE TO EACH OF YOU. THANK YOU FOR LOVING HER AND TAKING CARE OF HER SO THAT SHE IS WHERE SHE IS TODAY AND ABLE TO HELP OTHER
    ANIMALS IN NEED.
    HUGS MADI AND MOM YOUR BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casey, Cinderella, Scribbles and Pigeon know how much they are loved everyday. Now, we know too.

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are are all so very loved and so very lucky. Have a wonderful Saturday with those souls that are family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Gwalk A Moley.... we can TELL that you four have made your mom's life a PURE JOY.. from Breakfast to Bedtime and on into the night. She is SO lucky to have each of you... and she KNOWS IT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful letter and so full of love, just like it should be!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every furbaby brings with them something so unique that teaches us new thing and expands our understanding of them - but more than anything they teach us about unconditional love

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful and heartfelt letter!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful letter to your furbabies. What a special day for everyone
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what sweet, sweet letters! My mom got a little teary eyed reading the one to Casey because that is how she felt when she had Twix. That one special dog is irreplaceable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aweeeeeee...... such loving words. I'm all teary up.
    Wags,
    Ranger

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do not know me,,, but I saw you wrote a special letter,, and I wanted to come read about all the love that you share with your furrys.
    Such a beautiful letter... so full of love!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful letter you wrote to your furbabies! I love that we had this day today!
    Marty's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a heart-felt and wonderful letter to your furries.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WE could feel all your love coming through this letter to your babies. They are blessed to have you as their momma.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, my. So much love!!!
    Cammie!
    PS: You look so handsome in your harness!!!!

    ReplyDelete