Monday, August 19, 2019

It looks better this way!

A few weeks ago, because I've been SO good and well behaved, Momma finally took the baby gate off the top of the stairs and let me wander the office upstairs. I have a whole extra toybox up there, so I loved being able to run up and down. But this weekend, the baby gate came back out. And it's all HIS fault.


Apparently when you've been quiet for too long, Mommas come to investigate, and when they find you giving a little makeover to something they had on a shelf, they get all upset about it.


I regrets nothing. But I'm trying to figure out how to get that baby gate back down!! So far I've been standing there and barking at it to try to intimidate it to fall over. Any other ideas?

11 comments:

  1. omg you won the fight against a super action hero? we are deep impressed now your are super matilda yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those baby gates are such a PIA! Jump high, Matilda - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard because it's at the very top of the stairs, so there's not much room to get a running start!

      Delete
  3. I'm wiv Molly, I'm sure you can LEAP over Matilda!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx
    PeeS shame peeps do not appreciate our artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a gate across the hall because Mom says we can't be trusted in the library or the room where she keeps her yarn and knit critters. We think she's being very unfair. We just want to look and maybe give a lick or two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD...did you dead an X-Man, Matilda?? You rock!!

    Mama always closes her special toy room...something about us not turning into supervillans BOL!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Momma's learned that lesson. She was giving me freedom because I'd been so good. But she furgot that her shelf of Cyclops stuff -- 'cause he's her favoritist X-Man -- was low enough for me to grab goodies from!

      Delete
  6. practice you climbing skills and go right over that gate. OR leave the adult toys alone! smiling as I type....

    ReplyDelete
  7. The humans are very peculiar about their own squeaky toys. My ghostwriter has a big collection of "squeaky toys that are not squeaky toys." (She calls them her Integrity Toys fashion dollies.) When I was a pup, I stole one from the shelf and then played a rousing game of keep-away with it. My ghostwriter nearly had a coronary! Now I leave that stuff alone. Humans are weird sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hari OM
    aaaahh... errrr... ooh.... well, Matilda, I's kinda with mum on this one. You can be free, darlin', but ya's gotta behave too! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rut roh - did you let a squirrel in???

    We hate to tell you this, Matilda, but those gates may be around for a while. We think ours are permanently attached:(

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete