Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Unjustly accused!

 

Folks, can you believes how cruel my momma is? You'd think that after all our time together, she'd have a little faith in me. See, this weekend, she was very proud of herself for baking her furst loaf of bread. Our Guy gave her a baking cookbook for her barkday, and it turned out pretty nice.

She had a slice or two from it and was saving the rest for Our Guy to taste. But later that day, she came into the kitchen and... well...


I'm not sure WHAT happened to that thing, but can you believes that she blamed ME for eating it?? Just because I happened to be standing nearby and licking my chops? The nerve of her!!


10 comments:

  1. it probably faded in daylight, that can happen... so let him eat cake when the bread disappeared ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Crikey, Tildy - mama oughtta be grateful that you couldn't resist the smell of fresh baked bread and that it was as tasty as it smelled...errr.... not that it means you DID that, but just that she oughtta unnerstand the tempawtayshun of it........ Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is all HER fault, leaving it where it was more temptation than you could bear... you do look so innocent and cute, I hope you don't get a tummy ache. When we adopted Big Boy, the 2nd day he was here, I came inside from the yard, and he had the loaf of frozen bread that I had put on the counter. Half the loaf was missing in action and the bag was destroyed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Matilda. Mom and I baked a loaf of cheese bread this morning and it came out really yummy. Mom gave me a small taste and then she hid the rest of it so I couldn't reach it. My mom can be such a meanie. I only wish that I could have eaten more of the loaf like you did or maybe you didn't?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matilda, can't you persuade her it was just a compliment to her superlative baking skills?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clearly whatever gets into our garbage took the bread. It is a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squirrels...definitely squirrels!
    xoxo,
    Jakey and the Gang

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, we can't say we blame the guilty party, whomever that may be, because that bread looks totally devourable and delicious.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Surely you didn't eat all that yummy home made bread! (Anyhow, I hope you didn't get a bellyache.)

    ReplyDelete