Friday, February 12, 2021

Cozy Valentine's Day

 Momma says that it's Valentine's Day on Sunday, so I guess I should post this today.

I'm trying to do my sultry look, but I don't think it's coming across well! I'm very good at kisses and looooove to give them all the time. Momma sometimes says that I need to tone down on the kisses a little, but of course she's just kidding. Whenever our Best Guy comes over, I jump up to try to kiss his face and then kiss his arms all over when that doesn't work. I know he loves it because he's always saying "Matilda! Stopit, Matilda!" Stopit is our little code word for "I love you," of course. BOL!


Momma's a little sad because our weather is AWFUL right now. There was a giant accident not too far away from us yesterday involving 135 cars and lots of people killed or hurt. It's really really cold and icy right now, and Texas isn't set up to deal with that. So it's not safe to drive very far. And our Best Guy lives an hour away. :( So he may not come down for Valentine's, which makes us both sad. But then I reminded Momma that she's got ME. I may not be her Valentine, but we're still two peas in a pod and we loves each other very much.

So maybe we'll have a Galentine's Day this weekend. Lots of wine for Momma and tree rat cookies for me. BOL. However you'll celebrate it, have a grreat -- and SAFE! -- weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Your giant accident was reported on our news and it's just awful. We feel for everyone involved. Mom and I will be just the two of us on Sunday too. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your momma, Matilda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    You are both very wise to stay safe - or indeed Best Boy is wise to stay away - cos safety on all levels right now is paramount. You will have a great snuggle in, Matilda, of this I have no doubt!!! Sending girly ether kisses your way and warm ether-squish for mama. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. we saw that horrid accident on television last night it is absolutely mind-boggling and please stay home and tell your best boy to stay home too. You and your mama are absolutely precious all snuggled up in matching so well and I love your free kisses kerchief and if I was there you could kiss me on my arms my legs my feet and my face I'm used to slobber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi new friend, Ojo here! That sounds awful! If only all your free kisses made the weather and accidents better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, you are a sweet Galentine, Matilda. We heard about that terrible accident and were very happy that our brother is still working from home. He works in Fort Worth and could very well have been on that highway. So sad, all paws crossed for all the victims and their families.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry your mom won't get together with her man but when you are in love every day is Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. A couple years ago, my ghostwriter was driving on the Thruway one cold winter day. It started snowing heavily, and she decided to turn around and go back home. Good thing she did, because a little later, there was a big pile-up crash on the Thruway, with dozens of cars and trucks. Better to be safe!

    We're sure Matilda has enough kisses to go around on Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matilda we heard about that horrible accident due to this crazy winter that is occurring in places not at all prepared for it. Snow is bad enough but when there is also ice and sleet just not meant for cars or humans to be out in it.
    I bet your favorite guy will call his galentines if he can't come
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just heard about your loss of Austin and wanted to send you lots of healing hugs ~ know that he will forever be in your heart ~ Be safe, be well.

    Healing hugs,

    Moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete