Furst, and MOST important, an update on my sissy Cinderella!
She says THANK YOU to everyone who sent her good thoughts and vibes for her surgery on Monday. She came through it with FLYING colors!! The V-E-T got both nasty bumpies removed, and Cinderella didn't have any trouble with the anesthesia. She was kind of stoned when she got home, but after that wore off she was just grreat. She's been all bouncy and happy this whole week. You'd never believe she just got her leg cut open! She even ignores her stitches, so she doesn't have to wear the Cone of Shame. What a good girl! We're supposed to get the test results back at the beginning of next week, and I'm sure we'll get good news!
Second, some very very exciting news for LBR. We have a BOOK!
That's right, a real book that you can hold in your hands -- at least if you have a Kindle or Nook. :) Yup, LBR's e-book "A Legacy of Love: How I Became a Forever Dog" is now available for sale for both Kindle and Nook!! And guess what? My story and Cinderella's story are featured right at the beginning!
You can buy the Kindle-version from Amazon.com here, or if you have a Nook, you can get it at Barnes & Noble here. It's only $7.50 for 135 pages of boxer-y goodness!
Third, I got an award!!
My good furiends Zim and Dave over at the Army of Four Digest gave me the Blog on Fire Award. Wow, guys, thanks! I'm so honored! I'm supposed to tell you a few things about myself.
1. I'm totally famous on my evening walks. All the little kiddos along our route come running up to us shouting, "Casey! Cinderella!" and pet us. Of course, it's me they're really coming to see, but I'm super generous about sharing with Cinderella, since she's my sissy.
2. I used to have a long tail, but I got "happy tail" -- breaking the bones and breaking open the skin from hitting it against things. So I have a cutie boxer nubbin now.
3. My favorite food is peanut butter. My second favorite food is peanut butter. And my THIRD favorite food is peanut butter.
4. I'm a little scared of my kitty brother Scribbles. I try not to show it, since I'm a tough boxer and he's less than a third my size. But.... siiiiigh. He's MEAN! He'll hiss at me, swipe at me with his claws, or sometimes even walk up behind me and bite my leg! He doesn't do it much, but it keeps me on my toes. Cinderella and I give him a lot of space. If he's lying in a doorway... well, we don't really need to go through that doorway! Shh, please don't tell anyone!
5. Did I mention I like peanut butter??
Now I'm supposed to pass the award on to some furiends. So I'm going to name...
Bertie of Bouncing Bertie's Blog
Pink of Diary of a Deaf Dog
Winnie of Winnie's Dog Blog
Love you guys!!
And last, don't furget...
Keep those entries for KEEP AWAY coming!! You can send them to me at dreagoddess(at)gmail(dot)com. Please give me the name of all competitors and a link to your blog if you have one! Remember you can only have ONE entry per competitor. The deadline is JULY 18th, so you'd better get to it!
Entries received so far:
Molly The Wally (http://mollythewally.blogspot.
Dachshund Nola and Boston (http://dachshundnola.blogspot.
Nina and Angel Yenna (http://birdbrainsanddogtales.
Jazzi & Addy (http://www.jazzis-world.
Frank the Tank (http://theadventuresofthetank.
Reuben & Gretchen (floppytonguejoy.blogspot.com)
You can see a list of the ENTIRE Blogville Olympics schedule PLUS the email addresses to send your entries into on Frankie Furter's post here.