Thursday, July 12, 2018

Throwback Thursday: Echoes of the Past

My new house has a MAGIC box. It's FULL of toys, and every time I go sniffing in there, I find something new to play with! Today I found a real live DRAGON, can you believe it? Some other pups might be skeered, but not Queen Matilda! I grabbed that thing and showed it who was BOSS.


Fur some reason, instead of being in awe of my accomplishment, Momma got all watery-eyed and said how much she loved seeing me love that toy. Apparently it used to belong to my great-brother Casey, and it was his most favoritest toy.


 I wish I'd known my great-brother and great-sisters. I'm glad that Momma tells me stories of those who came before me so I can love them almost as much as she does. Now every time I play with my new dragon, I'm going to know I have another invisible playmate.


12 comments:

  1. oooh that was a sign that you found caseys favorite playmate... dragons are pretty cool they can warm you up in cold nights and they can protect ya... and you can use them as a lighter... in case you smoke, but the most pups are non-smokers, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Matilda!!!
    I just knew Great Brudder Casey would leave you welcome smell mail but OMCs to see you lovin' his favorite toy is must special.
    I love your crossed paws and that you are so in awe of the treasure of toys
    Hugs Aunty Madi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your great-brother and great-sisters would have loved to have known and played with you too, Matilda. Have fun with your dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    sweet Matilda, nothing pleases a mama more than to see the furkids continuing a tradition or behaviour. It brings fond memories and cements new ones!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Sebastian first came to live with us, he adopted Tsar's favorite duck toy and he chose to sleep in Tsar's favorite spot. We had the feeling that Tsar had directed him to us. Now we think Casey may be directing things at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent job showing that dragon who is boss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We bet Casey is very happy that you are so very fond of that dragon!!! We bet if you keep digging in that magic box, you will find lots more of your great brother and sisters favorite toys.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you Casey told you to take care of his dragon along with his family

    ReplyDelete
  9. We think that Casey approves of you loving that dragon!!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaahhhhh...We can almost see Casey sitting next to you playing with Red Dragon!!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is Casey's way of letting you know he is by your side all the time, sweet Matilda.

    He watches over you and your Momma :)

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe dat are so sweet. I hope you gave dat dragon stuffy lots of luvin!!

    xoxo,
    Matt & Matilda

    ReplyDelete