Friday, July 10, 2020

My Adoptiversary Adventure!

Yesterday was my TWO YEAR adoptiversary, so Momma took me on an adventure after work!


 I was very curious and wanted to know where we were going, but Momma said "mum's the word!" I told her I call her momma, not mum. Weird. Anyway, she drove a little bit, and then I recognized the parking lot we pulled into. OMD, it's Petsmart!!


We'd have more pictures of that except I was a blur of excitement! I got to meet a real fun other dog, see a tiny 6-week-old puppy in her momma's arms, and pick out a bunch of pawesome new stuff! (More on that later.) And then....


Whataburger Whataburger Whataburger!!!! I got my cheeseyburger from Whataburger because I'm a real Texas gal. (We usually do Sonic, but Momma said something about traffic and idiots.)


So dis is my haul of pawesome adoptiversary presents! That's a new purple bowl that says "pretty princess," which I am. I wanted a pretty travel bowl to take with me when we visit our Best Guy's house. Then I got a new frog that throws REALLY good, a totally pawesome ball, AND a stuffed hoof!


I went to town on that hoof right away. Momma said she's never had a dog demolish one so quickly. She put it up after I almost swallowed it whole twice and said I can have it back as a supervision-only chewie.


The new ball is SO cool!! I can bat it around on the floor like the soccer ball I like to play with when the kids over the fence throw it to me, but then it ALSO works for Momma to play tug and fetch with it! Can you believes that??


This is me in my toy coma afterwards. Play hard, sleep hard is my motto!


I loves you, Momma. That was a grreat adoptiversary adventure!! I'm looking forward to many more years of them.

12 comments:

  1. that last photo shows us every single beautiful detail of your princess face... kisses and hugs and wow, what a haul you got PLUS burgers. yum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a burger! and what wonderful things you shopped... you are da shopping queen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got fabulous pressies and a burger too! Who is better than you, Matilda! We hope you have many many many more Gotcha Days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Matilda that was a simply splendid Adopitversary Adventure. Every single bit of your day out sounds fun, but I think I'd have enjoyed the cheeseburger most of all!
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    You, Matilda, absoLOOTly scored for your second - here's to many more!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great day you had! Awesome squeaky toys and treats too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahoo!! Best gotcha day fun ever Matilda!! Mmmmmm, Whataburger......we sure miss Whataburger!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Matilda to be YOU would make me happy too.
    Great photos
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whataburger!!! You lucky dog!!! We don't have one of those here, but we sure want one!!! Great adventure - love those new toys. You got treated like the princess that you are!!!

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Adoptiversary! You sure had quite an adventure to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like the most wonderful day ever! Happy adoptiversary. Maybe Mom will give us extra cookies so we can celebrate with you.

      Delete
  11. That was an excellent way to celebrate you special day. You are lucky to have such a wonderful mom, although I think she feels that she is the lucky one.

    ReplyDelete