Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Pupdate

I wanted to update everyone on my big visit yesterday to the cardiologist! It was mighty interesting. Momma and I went to this grreat waiting room that had all sorts of interesting scents around it. I got to meet a few more people who fussed over how amazing I am and how friendly I am and how cute my little nubbin wiggle is. Well DUH! I mean, hasn't EVERYONE heard that by now??

Anyway, the new dogtor listened to my heart a lot and did some fancy tests to watch my heart. I didn't like that one very much. I had to lay on a table in a REALLY weird position while the dogtor rubbed goo on my chest. It was only okay because Momma stayed right by my head and told me it was.


When it was all over, the dogtor told Momma that I have something called boxer cardiomyopathy. That's a genetic disease that's common in boxers -- I guess that's why they named it after us! Anyway, if it's not treated, it could be kinda skeery, like my heart would just stop working. Yikes! BUT we caught it super early thanks to my pawesome dogtor, so I should be okay. I have to take pills every morning and night, which I'm not thrilled about, ya know? But that should keep my heart beating a-okay, so it's worth it.

Mommas don't take news as well as we do, so she's been holding me a lot and snuggling close. I like that a LOT! I wonder if I can use this to score some extra treats?



PeeS:

We also found out last night that my former foster sister Tiana died suddenly. She was the sweetest little girl with a mile-long tongue, and everyone who met her fell in love with her. She joined her brother Harley at the Bridge. Momma's favorite memory of Tia is her meet & greet with her new family and she and Harley just started kissing each other the minute they met and didn't let up the whole visit.


We smile picturing Tia and Harley's happy reunion at the Bridge. And we know Cinderella and Pumba met her too, to have a former fosters reunion. Enjoy all the couches up there, Tia! We still love you.

19 comments:

  1. I'm glad your dogtor listened to your heart and discovered efurrything early... and I'm glad the heart-dogtor said not hmmm but gave you pills what help your heart to go on and on... like in that song by celine dion...
    I'm sad with you that your sister met Harley at the bridge... big hugs of comfort to Tia's furmily....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest in peace Tiana she was such a beautiful pup I hope she gets a big beautiful sofa all by yourself. Sorry to hear you have heart problems but happy to hear there's a pill for it hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy they found your heart troubles early. Tell mom to hide your pill in American cheese. It works. And we are so very sorry to hear about Tiara
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casey you are a brave Boxer man. My Angel Cat Bro Milky-way had to have a ultrasound of his heart too.
    Mom told me about the thing v shaped thing they put him in and Mom stood by his head too.BUT he was just a 10 lb cat so it wasn't too hard to keep him still. thank goodness your condition was caught early.
    Sending purrs to you all and Tia's family.
    Madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were a brave boy yesterday dear friend. I know those pills are yucky but they are for you to stay strong! I know moms worry, a lot, it is what they do!!! We are so sorry to read about your friend Tiara. Loss is hard. Stella Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess this is because you are such a warmhearted fella Casey, I am sooooo pleased that Mr Vetman has spotted the problem early and you can get treated, take care sweet fella
    Sorry to hear about Tiana, that is a lovely photo of her
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are very happy that you are going to be okay with proper medication. BUTT we are sorry to hear about Tiana,

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great news. I'm very sorry to hear about Tiana.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're gonna be ok. My big sisfur Finley has a congenital heart murmur, but she's been ok so far.

    Sorry to hear about Tiana.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Casey, we are so happy that your heart problem was found early and we hope that the meds you take will keep you healthy and strong for a long time. You and your sweet Mama deserve that!!!

    Soft woos and gentle hugs to Tiana's family - so sorry for your loss.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're glad to hear they diagnosed your problem early and have you on heart meds, Casey!
    We are so very sorry to hear about Tiana. Hugs to her family♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. WE are Sorry to hear about Tia's trip to the bridge.

    We are glad that you are getting lots of Hugs and Cuddles from your mom. They make everythingy better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are sorry to hear about your heart, but are sure the meds will help.
    Sending hugs to all who knew and loved Tia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Casey, I am glads your Moms and your vettie caught the problem early , and there are treatments for this....I will be sendin' lots of POTP and healin' vibes!!!!! (and a pitcher of margaritas for your Moms....☺)
    I am so sorry abouts Tiana....send her family {{{hugs}}} and loves from me
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Casey, these things can be skeery for the peeps. Take your meds like a good boy and enjoy all the extra snuggles. It is good your mom takes such good care of you - we know you are gonna be fine
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are sending POTP the meds you are taking will do the trick!! So sorry about Tiana...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well the good news is that they caught the problem early, right Casey?! Also, now your Mama will need to work hard to find some yummy treat for your to take the pills with which will mean more yummy treats for you and that is a win-win situation :)

    Rest in peace Tiana. You looked to be a lovely girl.

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Casey, we're sorry to hear about the Boxer-heart-thingie - but are SO GLAD you caught it early! And you know what!?! Around here, taking pills ACTUALLY means getting CHEESE!!!!!!!! You'll never know the pills are in there! Sometimes peanut butter ..... sometimes turkey ....... mmmmmm!!!!!!!!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete