Tuesday, May 4, 2021

I do not like this room

 Sometimes when the weather starts really storming and howling like a mad dog, Momma will try to act all cheerful and say, "C'mon, Matilda, let's go hang out together!" She acts like it's a good thing, but then we end up all shoved into the laundry room, which is NOT fun.


I took Lobster with us to make sure Momma stayed calm. She kept trying to get me to calm down and lay down, but every time I would start to, we'd hear skeery noises outside! Momma tried saying it was just the wind or something she called "hail," but I think it was the Squirrel Mafia finally coming for us. Eventually they gave up and we got to leave the laundry room. I do NOT like those kinds of nights, but Momma says it's just pawt of living in Texas!

11 comments:

  1. as long as the mama is with you all things are ok... and we hope 5hat evil storm will disappear soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. also this is part of living in Florida in about 6 months of our year. I don't fret over squirrels but i do over trees falling on the house... i might say, the Room doesn't effect how pretty you are at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Matilda. I don't like the scary noises either and I must find a safe place to hang out till it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    OH heck, some of those wild stormies really are not fun are they? There is not a lot I can say, except that you truly are safe darling dog. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We heard some reports about the storms in your are. Very scary! Glad you're all OK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do NOT miss the scary hail or loud boomers....but I miss everything else about Texas!
    xoxo,
    Arty(who was born in Texas) and the Gang

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our human brother in Keller had a safe room built into his garage. They were in there last week when the BIG hail came. Lots of roof and screen damage. Then they said last night was another potential hail night. But luckily it was no big deal. We have to go to the basement bathroom when those sirens go off here, and we don't like going down those stairs:(

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds very scary. Your Momma is lucky she had you to keep her comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How frightening. I am so proud of you to take care of your Mom. We wish there is no more bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we have the squirrel mafia here outside in Aberdeen right now. Rain, sleet. snow and hail all in one 40 minute walk round the park this morning. But at least no thunder and lightening!
    Stay safe Matilda (and your Momma).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your storms come to us in Missouri after they leave you. They usually get here in the middle of the night. We go downstairs and wait till the noises all stop. We bark a lot at the noises.

    ReplyDelete