Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Silly overreacting humans

Pigeon here! Thank you everyone for the power of the paw this weekend. Momma is just overreacting as usual. Yes, I'm not feeling so great lately, and yes, I had a kind of skeery little episode on Saturday night that made her haul me to the vet yesterday.

 They do...things to you there!

The vet looked at my bloods and pees and that kind of thing, and she said that yes, I'm an elderly kitty, and yes, my kidney disease and liver disease have gotten pretty bad. And no, there's nothing else they can do to make things better. Momma got really weepy and asked the vet to let her think about things on her own for a little bit.

Well, when she did, I curled up in Momma's arms while she thought and debated and cried. Finally she was smart enough to look at me and ask me what I thought. And I told her I am NOT ready for rainbows yet! I know it won't be much longer, and it will be nice to be young again and play with my angel sissy Jessie again. But I still have a little more work to do whipping Matilda into shape, and there are still sunbeams I haven't napped in. So for now, I'm back home. The vet said that whenever Momma decides it's time, it's time. So we're going to take things day by day, and I hear rumors of LOTS of tuna.

It may be a few days, it may be a few weeks. But Momma and Matilda and I are going to enjoy our time left together, and our time in Blogville. Don't count me out just yet!!

~Pigeon

14 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    I like to think of this as departure lounge time; that space betwixt and between where we can let our memories wander and reminisce, indulge in things that we wouldn't otherwise (like tuna overload!), and hug and kiss and know that love abounds even though separation is imminent. Blessings to you all as you face this transition, darling Pigeon. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i could be as eloquent as Yamini is, ditto what she said. i am so sorry to hear this, hugs and love coming your way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pigeon...YAM aunty is right. That is exactly what we did with Angel Madi during her last few months.
    She got to eat anything she wanted....!!
    Each new day was a special present that we enjoyed. I'm 100% sure you'll let your mom know when your business is finished. Loving purrs and hugs to you all
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you lots and lots of luffs and hugs.
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you as much good time as possible with your Matilda and your mama... hugs to you and POTP and a BIG kiss...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, Pigeon. We are glad Momma listened to you, and we know that she will love you and treat you so very well. We hope that you have lots more happy days with Momma and Matilda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're sorry to hear you aren't feeling too well Pigeon. Our paws are crossed that you will be comfortable for as long as you want to stay with your mom and Matilda. We send warm hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nap in your sunbeams and enjoy your tuna, Pigeon. We send you and your mama and Matilda huge hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are sending love and hugs, along with lots of POTP!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Pigeon, we're so sorry that you're not feeling well. Enjoy every minute of every day together with your Mama and Matilda. We have all our paws crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Pigeon, so sorry abouts the sickies. I am glads you wants to spend some more times with Matilda and your Moms.. I have my paws crossed real tight that you feel goods for the rest of your time here. Tuna does makes everything betters ☺
    Lots of {{{hugs}}} and slobbery kisses
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Pigeon. Your momma is the best. She'll make you so happy in this phase. I hope that you feel a bit better and can have fun with her and Matilda. I am sending hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love you, Pigeon!!!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  14. May you all enjoy whatever time you have left. It is hard for people to say goodbye. But as they say, with great love comes great loss.

    ReplyDelete