Monday, May 22, 2017

Storytime!

Settle in, Jessie, I have a story for you.


Really? I loves stories! Is it about a dragon? Or an ogre? Or--

Jessie! Let me tell the story! Okay, once upon a time, there was a beeYOUtiful cowgirl. 

Oh Casey! I love cowgirls! They're so much better than silly princesses.

Listen to the story, Jessie.


Sorry! I'm listening. Look how good I'm listening.

Okay. SO. Once upon a time--

You said that part already!

--There was a beeYOUtiful but annoying cowgirl.


That part sounds a little rude.

And she ended up in a skeery place. She was away from her family and the wonderful life she was SUPPOSED to have. Instead, she was all alone in a cold concrete cage at a place called a SHELTER.

CASEY! Those places are skeery! Does the cowgirl escape?? Does a handsome prince come???


Just listen to the story, Jessie!!

Ow! Sorry, I'll listen, I'll listen!

ANYway, the cowgirl didn't know what would happen to her. But THEN a magic fairy godmother appeared in the shelter. And she said, "Hello, beeYOUtiful cowgirl! I'm from LBR, and I'm here to rescue you!"

CASEY!!!!!! I know this story!!! I know who the cowgirl is!!!


Look, it's ME! I was the cowgirl in the skeery shelter, and the magic LBR godmother came to take me away!! I was so skeered still. I wasn't sure what was going to happen!


That's right, kid, but the LBR godmother took you away, got your vet care, and got you all ready to come meet your foster home. Which was US.


It was wonderful, Casey! And that's why yesterday was my birthday, right? 

Yes. You turned three years old, two years since you left that skeery shelter.

And we lived happily ever after, didn't we, Casey?



Of course we did, Jessie. That's how all good stories end.


....Is she asleep at last?


Dawg, this storytelling is hard work!

 Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESSIE!!! We're so glad to have you in our lives. Here's to our happily ever after!

22 comments:

  1. Oh my dawg!! What a story. We are cracking up
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jessie
    Oh I luffs a story wiv the HAPPIEST of endings!!!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Jesse so glad your fairy godmother found you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy 3rd Jessie...and Casey you are one fine storyteller
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    OMD OMD OMD - IT WUZ YOU BARKDAY JESSIE??? MANY HAPPY RETURNS TO YOU COWGIRL!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx (and well done on the story-telling Casey!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Jessie. We love stories too and that was a really good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that was a great story... happy birthday dear Jessie !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Jessie! That was the bestest story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...why am I teary-eyed? This was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a great storyteller, Casey. HAPPY BARKDAY TO JESSIE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Jessie.
    I hope you got cake and treats.
    xo Astro

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a GREAT story!!!!!!!! Yippee-ki-yay, happy birthday, Cowgirl Jessie!!!!!!!!
    Casey, you are a wonderful story-teller!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday beautiful girl~! You don't know how very lucky you are to have the Mom you do!

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a great story, Casey. We love fairy tales with happy endings!!! Happy Birthday, Cowgirl Jessie and many more to come!!!

    Woos - Misty and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful story. We love a happy ending.
    Happy, happy birthday dear Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful birthday and gotcha day story, Casey!
    Happy Birthday Jessie!!
    Smileys!
    Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVES that story!!!!! I am sooooo glads you picked your most AMAZIN' family Jessie! You sure did win the doggie lottery!
    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BURTHDAY GURL!!!!! I will send a pitcher of margaritas! PAWTY!!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Jessie!!!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great story! Happy belated Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A great story! Thanks for sharing.

    Puppy Growls,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birfday Jessie! One kiss for every year (but don't tell Casey)!

    Stanley & that little guy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday sweet Jessie! Here's to a bazillion more! And we are so happy you found your wonderful, forever family :)

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete