Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Jessie's adventure

Yesterday Momma came home from work and changed into her playing with the dogs clothes. I got excited, thinking we were going to go for a walk early (though it was REALLY hot and I wasn't sure what she was thinking!). But then Momma told me I had to stay home, and she left me to go on an adventure with just Jessie!

Hey Casey, I'll take over from here. Dis is MY adventure! Although it really wasn't much of one. Momma loaded me up in the car and put on my seatbelt. I much preferred the furst time I rode in the car and jumped right up into the front seat with her, then jumped into the back and collapsed the cargo cover. BOL!! For some reason, she's been real diligent about that seatbelt ever since. 


Anyways, we headed out, and it wasn't long before I recognized the way. We were going back to the dogtor! Now, don't get me wrong. They're really nice there, and give me pets and treats and tell me how adorable I am. (They have grreat taste.) But the last few times I've gone, Momma has left me there for HOURS while she goes to that "work" thing. I made sure to stick extra close to her this time and NOT let her leave me. And it worked! After the dogtor stuck a probe in a very uncomfortable place, she made it up to me by giving me lots of lovings while she listened to my heart.

And the verdict is... my heartworm treatment recovery period is OVER!! Momma gets to start easing me back into activity. She told me that means I can start playing with Casey any time I want. Woohoo!!! And it also means...


WALKIES!!! I got to go with Casey on morning walkies today, and I was SO excited!! OMD. Momma said after a few days, she'll start taking me on evening walkies too!!! OMD, this is just the BEST.

The one bad bit of news is the dogtor could tell from that uncomfortable probe that I'm still having colitis issues. (My poopies aren't in very good shape, and I've lost two whole pounds this month.) She gave me a heavy-duty medicine to take for about three weeks to see if we can knock my system back into order, and then hopefully we can keep it under control with just diet and stuff instead of meds all the time. BUT all that means I'm not medically cleared yet, so Momma can't sign the adoption papers just yet. She says it doesn't matter, I'm still her FUREVER dog even if I'm technically a foster, so I'll just work on getting 100% well as soon as possible. Woohoo!

17 comments:

  1. Moms could be real tricksters! Glad your treatment is over
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that time of rest really run away fast, right? I cross my paws that the meds help that your system goes back to normal, like a compawter when we press that special button. POTP that all systems will work perfectly soon and then your mom can sign your papers :o)
    easy rider

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo, yous all betters now!!!! Well done you, that is good news.
    Enjoy your walkies...playings...and all the other thingys us pups do!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. tell momma to ask Dogtor if you can have canned pumpkin.... it has helped Baby's digestion and keeps her going perfectly and has cured Jake of that stinking hiny hole... so glad you are better and hoping you get final papers soon. you look so sweet in your seat belt and walking with your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news on the release for walkies. We hope your tummy problems get better quickly. Not sure it would help but when Phantom was on Deramaxx, Mom noticed that he was eating better. BUT it was affecting his liver. The vet was happy to hear that he was eating better and he thought that maybe the anti-inflammatory in the deramaxx was helping his tummy feel better. So they cut his dose to just 1/4 of a 75 mg. tablet once a day, and it seemed to do the trick without a lot of liver issues. Of course, he was a lot older than Jessie and so the concern for the liver was overridden by the good of getting him to eat.

    Feel better, Jessi.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a super dog to have come through it so fast, wowzer, I hope your little tummy gets to feeling better, I know wif all the love in your house, it definitely will.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news! It's better to be official in the heart than on paper anyway. Papers can be destroyed but hearts always love!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are doing much better!!! You and your mom already know y'all belong to each other that other stuff is just formalities.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Jessie - walkies and playtime are good to go! Hope you get the other figured out. Canned pumpkin helped Bailey when his tummy was not good.
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Jessie!
    Wow, I'm so very happy that your heart is all better and you can run, jump, play and do walkies! YIIPPEEE and congrats. I'm sending you my bestest healing vibes for your tummy and I'm sure it will be better in no time. :)
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Police Commish

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES! YES! YES!!!! We are so thrilled about your heart-worm --- or lacking thereof!!! That is so wonderful!
    We hope you can kick the colitis, too. Our great-sister Amber apparently suffered from stress-induced colitis. One thing that helped her a lot was having a tasty Metamucil wafer every day AND avoiding stress. Maybe now that you can relax and get back into a normal routine in your FOREVER home, things will settle down! Next time you visit the doc, have your mom ask about adding psyllium (Metamucil) to your diet. Just a suggestion!
    Cammie
    PS: WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're all so happy to hear that your heart is healthy again. We understand about the colitis thing too. Noah was doing really well with his colitis, then suddenly he started having the bad poops again. We're working on it though and pretty soon he'll feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is great news that you are feeling better Jessie, you can go on walkies and play and everything, so exciting now! I had colitis when I was a pupper and I had pumpkin, rice and boiled chicken, I still have a sensitive stomach and get heart burn really bad so I can only eat certain treats and kibble, but right now I'm doing great because everything is under control and soon your pooper will be better and be under control too with no probe invasions! Love and Licks from your furiend Frank XxxxxxxxX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoohoo about the heart worm and walkies. Hope your tummy feels all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We hope those tummy issues go away soon..but HURRAY that you can go back to full time walkies!!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's such great news about the heart worm Jessie!

    We know you will get better bit by bit. Your body has been through a war but you will come out on the winning end :)

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete