Saturday, March 19, 2011

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."
- Unknown


My buddy Hubble is facing some hard news. See, not long after Hubble came into LBR's care, his foster mom noticed his leg was swollen. They took him to the vet and found out that he had cancer. All boxers hate that word!! I've lost way too many friends to it. :( Hubble bounced back, though, and you'd never know he was sick from how he acted! He had a whole coterie of adoring fans who'd kiss all over him when he came out to events to visit. (Kind of like me, you know.)

Sadly, Hubble has taken a turn for the worse. His lymph nodes have started swelling again, which means he doesn't have much time left. But his wonderful foster mom will keep loving him until it's time for him to go on to the Rainbow Bridge, where he can run and play without that nasty c-word keeping him down.


We love you, Hubble! Stay strong!

PS -- Don't forget to help LBR celebrate 7 years of saving dogs! Go to www.savetheboxers.com/donate.php to donate just $7 for LBR's birthday. In 7 years, we've saved over 1700 dogs!!! Just think what we'll do in the next 7 years.

1 comment:

  1. Mom and me is prayin' real hard fur Hubble.

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete